|Venture/Architects||A joint venture of Kahler Slater Architects & the Zimmerman Design Group|
|Sub-Contractor/Roof-Contractor||PHD Roof Drs.|
|Owner||State of Wisconsin, University of WI, Green Bay|
|Product||Stand ‘N Seam|
550 squares – which is 125 Fabral standing seam metal roof panels @ 327′ each – complete this roofing project; in the end, this project added approximately 174,000 square feet to this university sports center building.
Each panel is 327′ long, curved, field-formed – at the roofline, custom color project featuring Fabral’s Stand N Seam panel. Stand N Seam has properties; continuous movement, availability in both steel and aluminum, and most importantly; the highest wind rating (over 90) available. Student and campus goals include making recreation more accessible by:
- Providing a highly visible and attractive activity center for students, faculty, staff, and community members.
- Significantly expanding opportunities for organized and unorganized fitness and recreation activities by students, faculty, and staff.
- Providing a venue with acoustics suitable for large-attendance campus events that foster a sense of community and connection with the local region, including convocations, commencements, student organization and new student welcome activities, and small concerts and performances.
- Providing support spaces for existing instruction in physical education and future instruction in emerging health and fitness related fields.
- Create a noteworthy home for the Fighting Phoenix Division I athletic program with competition spaces for teams; practice, conditioning, and sports medicine support for all student athletes; office space for staff; and facilities that address Title IX and other gender equity requirements.